Saturday, April 5, 2008

Infinitely finite

And, for a penny the world fell away...
As I journeyed through my mind, some moments live forever as evolving remnants of a glimpse, one that could no more have captured a soul than a fleeting smile. I fell through a rainbow, briefly aglow in sublime imagination. I sailed past God and found an extraordinary answer cast powerfully by ordinary people, the peacefulness within divine.
On I fell, in and out of focus, purpose and meaning at times clear and tangible, then darkness squeezed the breath from my lungs. Immersed in cold emptiness to the limit of my ability to endure it, I was suddenly flooded with warmth and clarity... in the absence of pain it is difficult to remember its power.
I tumbled on as flashes of peace, passion, success and acceptance taunted my desire to just be.
I tumble on, but someday it will be complete, this mottled trail that has no answers, and rests solely on the hope that goodness is enough of a reason.

1 comment:

Echo said...

Wow...this is beautifully written. You have an amazing vocabulary and use it to create incredilbe imagery. This evoked powerful feelings for me...