Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wireless dongle rides again

I just had another good laugh at wireless dongle's expense...I hope we're all on the same page here. My P seems to be weak; I keep having to go back to fix words like hoe that should be hope, which leads me to believe that I have P issues.

I saw on the news that some teens got together and filmed each other beating up another girl...what the hell is wrong with us? How do you get a room full of people that are so disturbed that not one of them can say or feel , "this is not right?" It makes my stomach hurt and is probably one of the reasons that I read the paper more than I watch the news; I can skip articles that I don't like, and I can conjure up much softer images to go with the story than the news insists on showing. I still haven't recovered from watching the forklift push the sick cows around and drop them from the back of a truck.

I need some peaceful insight into our collective soul... I wish I were the Dalai Lama, although this is not a good time to be in Tibet. Fortunately we have the Olympics to hold over China's head; if boycotting some sports can't make them be decent to Tibet, than probably nothing else will work.

Mozart is now soothing my senses, the sun is just ready to come over the horizon, and I have brewed a wonderful cup of coffee...things aren't so bad. Spring is here and I have some weeds with delicate little flowers that are almost making me not want to spray roundup on them; when weeds win your sympathy then life is good.

After missing some running due to the flu this winter, and then having a mild shin irritation slow me down, I have refocused my goals on the Portland marathon in the fall. That gives me five months to perfect my preparation for a good comeback.

This feels more like a group e-mail or monthly news letter than my usual ramblings, but that's okay. I must say that the word I shows up in abundance in my writing...I think I need to broaden my horizons so I have more to consider than simply what I am up to. I could make pictographs to represent what I have to say, but every other picture would be of an eyeball. I'm going to start mixing in some other languages into my writing, so don't be surprised to see things like: Yo, Ich, and Je.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Echo said...

Truly excited about the Portland marathon! Keep taking your vitamins :)

I was horrified by the group beating too--I think empathy is modeled less and less in our society...