Thursday, June 12, 2008

The night the lights went out in Georgia

My power went out a couple hours ago; after going through the necessary process, I reached acceptance. I got up from my now-useless computer and watched the rain fall. I wrote a poem I didn't understand, so I stopped doing that. The temperature in the house has climbed to a muggy 80 deg...not too bad really; I may have to open the windows tonight and let in the muggy 70 deg's.

Hershey and Oreos understand that something is different and showed up to play. Oreos hangs out on the edge of the playing and races away if she draws too much attention.

It occurs to me how sad it is that since I'm not watching sports or typing on the computer, even the animals know that my attention isn't spoken for. I don't like them getting this read on me so I take the portable air conditioner apart and figure out why it doesn't drain properly. After I put it back together, I play with them on my terms.

My chigger bites itch...a lot. The rotten little so-and -so's.

Hey! My power just returned and I have many clocks to reset and the A/C to turn way down. The chigger thing has me taking the sheets off the bed to wash again...so much to do now that I have power again...oops, I tripped on the remote and ESPN came on; what are you gonna do?

1 comment:

Echo said...

So glad we both have time to write again. Sorry about the chigger issue--I have sympathy itching, it's driving me crazy. Remind me to view nature from my car when I visit your area :)