Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Wonders of Nature

I ran half-mile repeats this morning, which is sort of a grueling workout. It wasn't as humid as yesterday, but it was still in the low 70's and humid enough to turn a 3:30 AM run into a sweat-fest. I generally favor fests because they are festive in nature; this sweat-fest I also enjoyed because of the sense of accomplishment I had after.

One drawback was that my feet and ankles itched terribly with the sweat, because I accidentally discovered chiggers over the weekend and have hundreds of tiny red dots all over my legs. Chiggers are not hard to find, if you seek them you simply need to leave some skin exposed and wander through tall grass, short grass, weeds or anywhere really; this is Georgia. I like it here a lot, there are just some things that I have yet to learn. I'm going to try not to learn much about cotton mouths or water moccasins in this fashion.

I like the new Coldplay CD, give it a listen.
Until our paths cross again, look both ways before proceeding.

No comments: