Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hot, sticky, sweaty...ahhhhhhhhh.

The clouds settled in overnight and kept the temp up. I was a little tired when I began my run this morning but thanks to the humidity and warmth I warmed up and started sweating in about 28 seconds...roughly.The conditions that we have now are a recipe for sticky mornings, and I like recipes; you may want to write this one down.
1 part blazing hot day
1 part cumulus nimbus(cirrus is not recommended)
3 parts moisture laden air

Remove the heat of the day and let the evening to steep under a blanket of clouds. Allow 4-5 hours for humidity infusion and "Bam!" you've got a sticky morning; I'm actually getting used to it and enjoy it. I feel like I'm on a tropical vacation most of the time, except that there's no ocean nearby and lots of people chew tobacco and listen to country music instead of eating jerked chicken and listening to steel drums.

Not much else going on worth discussing. We spent the weekend transplanting roses, marigolds and spider plants that were around trees we're having cut down. It seems odd to go to great lengths to save month-old plants from being damaged while 20 year old trees are being destroyed...maybe we can get some speculators to come in and do some exploratory oil drilling around the yard too. Actually, I don't think we're too far from where the Clampetts came from, oil drilling may be the way to go...anything to destroy nature.

No comments: