Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where are the Care Bears when you need them?

Things have been amazingly unremarkable lately, or I have been so tense over changes going on in my life that I am missing all the things that normally catch my eye.

I had a dream that I was sleeping on a cot on the tarmac at the airport. My cot was very low to the ground which let my sheets hang down and touch. Someone had spilled coke everywhere and it was wicking up my sheets making the edges dark and moist. When I saw this I had to get up, and I wandered through the bag carts and fuel trucks. I was smoking a foot-long cigarette and I saw the fuel truck drivers discussing my presence. I heard them say it wasn't their problem so I decided to head to some of the empty planes nearby to watch a movie. When I couldn't get on a plane I saw another group of people loading bags and discussing if they should find out why I was there.
I woke up at this point or simply forget the rest, but what I do remember was vivid and stressful. It had a Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas feel to it; I can't recommend this movie to anyone, but I enjoyed it very much. It was about Hunter S. Thompson and was another Johnny Depp character taken to eerie extremes. I once recommended Pulp Fiction to my Mom and she questioned my character for a while after seeing it; I like interesting characters and non-traditional stories...sue me. No, don't sue me, I don't think my fragile state of suspended animation can take much more right now. The current crises are mostly beyond my control, and if you know me you know that since becoming an adult (okay, since I turned 30 or 35) I like to have control over my life.
Enough about me...my mountain trail run this AM was cancelled due to receiving paperwork that I have to see a lawyer about...nothing criminal; the statute of limitations is up on mostly everything they could pin on me at this point. Thank goodness someone had sense enough to establish a statute of limitations; usually lawyers are just irritating because we live in a blame everyone else society, and also because most politicians are lawyers, but this time they pleased me. Enough about me...

No comments: