Saturday, March 1, 2008

A career change?

I think I'll become a rapper...I'll name myself BIGSTAR, aka B.S.

When people hear me on the radio:
"Have you heard this B.S. before?"
At the Grammys:
"Once again, the grammys were dominated by B.S.."
When I'm over-played on the radio:
"I'm so tired of this B.S., is it too much to ask for less B.S. on the radio?"
When my fans see me on the street:
"Oh man, that's B.S."
Me alone backstage:
"My life is full of B.S., I've lost myself in the B.S."
In my revitalized career, at the grammys:
"The artist formerly known as B.S."
In an interview:
"My life was full of B.S., now I've taken the B.S. out of me."
An uninformed fan hears me on the radio:
"Whatever, it still sounds like B.S. to me."
During my new identity crisis I'm photographed walking down the beach, hungover and wearing a turquoise thong and dark sunglasses. The picture makes the cover of a celebrity magazine:
"B.S. or not, is he beyond rescue?"
After an intervention by friends and family, and the decision to once again make my life about B.S., my triumphant return to the grammys:
"B.S. comes full circle."
As a wise old man, in my final interview:
"Taking the B.S. out of my life left me empty inside. I missed being full of B.S."

1 comment:

Echo said...

Still laughing!! I love the flow--what a great read. I think your last three posts are some of your funniest--you are definitely on a roll!