Monday, February 11, 2008

Gandhi, Hillary and the divorce table.

If Gandhi were here I think I would punch him in the nose, maybe a couple times to see if he would actually defend himself. Who goes hungry on purpose? I am slimming down to my official race weight by training my body to efficiently use less food...yeah right. Right now my body is angry because there is more acid than food in my belly, and I don't feel enlightened in the least. I took some extra niacin so I am flushed and somewhat itchy, which, while I understand this to be healthy, is only adding to my general discomfort.

In an effort to have healthy snacks on hand I made some bran muffins. One of the pot holders is a little stiff, so I didn't have a great grip on the pan when I flipped it upside down; it slipped out of my hand and sliced/scraped the tops of half of the muffins off on the edge of the sink. I was so thankful that all the pieces went into the sink and not on the floor like they usually do.

The highlight of my day came this morning when I learned that Hillary had lost most of her lead. How can anyone who would accept Bill Clinton into their life be any good for our country? I guess you could say that she's tolerant... If you heard someone say that someone had pulled a "Bill Clinton," would anything good come to mind? I think not. If someone had pulled a "Gandhi," you'd know they weren't eating much, but thinking alot. If they had pulled a "John McCain," you would assume that they had reminded everyone yet again that they had been a prisoner of war.

We set up the divorce table in the dining room, and with a few special touches it looks pretty good. The drawers in the base of the table had a bunch of junk in them that we had to throw away, so I don't feel so bad about buying it now. We did give back the silver flatware and a few other choice items that were in a drawer. After the good stuff was gone, we were left with the "freebies," which we had to throw away... I haven't convinced myself that we're even, I still feel bad about taking his table.
My niacin flush has all but passed, the bran muffin scraps have eased my hunger, and I feel a little guilty about wanting to punch Gandhi. I'm going for a run soon to get my mind right; I'm attempting to learn HTML and need to focus my chi before today's lesson.

1 comment:

Echo said...

You are so right about Hillary. Sorry you're hungry. When you reach enlightenment, you'll never crave sugar again. That's what I'm told anyway...