Monday, February 4, 2008

Cell Hell

Our cell phone contract is up and, since we haven't had good service with verizon in our last two homes, we're searching for a new service. As a side note, verizon didn't care that we didn't have service in our home. I walked into the verizon store and there was a sign on the wall that said Your problem is our problem. I presented my problem and they said,
"We don't guarantee that the phone will work inside your home sir."
"What about, can you hear me now?" I said, "If I'm in my house, the answer is no, I cannot hear you now."
"We checked the tower near your house and it's at peak power. Sorry that you don't have service inside your home, but you should have it in the front yard."
"I will never renew my service with verizon," I told the 14 year old working behind the customer service counter.
"I'm sorry to hear that sir... Next!"

So, I called t-mobile to ask about a plan that I found on the internet.
"Do you have t-mobile now sir?"
"No, I have verizon."
"I'm sorry, that plan is for people with no existing service."
"What? Okay, I will cancel mine right now, consider it cancelled."
"Well, okay, what would you like to know?"
"How much will this plan cost me?"
"That depends on the carrier and the phones you choose."
"Is this not t-mobile?"
"We activate their phones for them."
"But I'm looking at a pink t-mobile screen that says "come join us,"and that's where I got your number."
"Yes sir, we're a third party contractor."
"Oh my gosh, this whole industry is already horrible with only two parties involved, I don't need a third to activate my phone and take a cut."
"click, bzzzzzzzzzzzz....doo di doo, if you'd like to make a call please hang up and dial again."

Why is it so difficult to get good service and a straight forward answer? I think it is because there are so many customers available that they don't really care if you are happy or not; three others will be along to replace you. So, my own little statement to verizon is that I am no longer your problem, and you are no longer mine. Just as soon as I get some clear answers, and can replace you with a better alternative, I'm saying adios. My plight fell on deaf ears with you, but if enough people feel the same way, we'll all get together and bail out on your sorry butts with a chorus of "can you hear us now?"

Who's with me?

1 comment:

Echo said...

I don't have Verizon, but I'm with you in spirit!