Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oreo's new digs




We decided to make a cat condo for Oreos. What follows is an actual recounting of the events as they occured.






Oreos voiced her concern that she has no place to call her own; it sounded like I'm hungry, constipated or want to go outside to me, but as I previously stated, my wife has the ability to discern what it is that the cat really wants.




We prepared the plans and presented them to Oreos for her approval. I listened carefully to her response, and headed to the pantry to refill her food bowl. While I was gone they decided that the plans were okay; Oreos never ate the food I gave her.





We bought an 8' x 6' carpet, a 12" diameter tube and some adhesive from home depot; the 12' of 2x4 and the 1/2" plywood scraps we already had. We stapled the carpet to the wood, glued it to the tube for the base and lined the seams with rope to hide the imperfections. We made the base 18" x 24", but it is five ft. tall and I would make it 24" x 24" next time.



We cut holes in the plywood discs so they could slide down over the 2x4's, where we nailed them in place.



Oreos seems to love it. I included pictures of various stages of the project. I also included the one that captured her scraping at the air around the litter box.



Enjoy


P.S. Soon I will post pictures showing the many faces of that wretched Pig Rock.

1 comment:

Echo said...

I loved this post! You guys are so talented--are you taking orders??