Sunday, January 20, 2008

Heavy snow warning!!

Yesterday began with some very cold, light rain. By 10 AM it had changed to sleet, and many flights out of ATL were already cancelled. I turned on the news to find heavy snow warnings progressing from Mississippi to South Carolina throughout the day.

It did snow, and we did get an inch or so, which is a big deal here from what I gather, but it felt a little silly to see the community shut down over it. Just as the snow ended, and the sun broke through to begin the melting process, we got a call from our New Hampshire relatives. They had seen the snow warnings for our area and wondered how bad it was. They laughed at such a small amount of snow causing such panic, and also at the fact that I had moved away from Portland OR, and here to paradise to get away from foul weather.

I was happy to be the butt of a joke that gave someone joy; I've grown accustomed to being a butt of some sort. I actually have the ability to be many different butts to many people as needed; I'm sort of a butt chameleon you might say, but it probably won't come up in conversation so you may never get the chance. I've said it, and my wife has a few times, although when she says it it sounds more like "you can be such an ass." ...semantics really. The point is that I am flexible as well as ass savvy.

So, this morning the world is frozen. After a low in the mid 20's there is a nice sheet of ice everywhere. More laughter from the New Hampshire contingent, but ice, unlike snow, is the same everywhere so give the chameleon a kiss.

As soon as the sun melts the ice away, I'm going to enjoy a sunny run in paradise and its 40 plus degrees.

There remains only one thing left to say this morning, Go Patriots!


Run, always run.

No comments: