Monday, January 14, 2008

Stick with what you know

My coffee had no flavor this morning; What a disappointing beginning to any day, let alone Monday. Now that I think about it, it had a flavor but not a pleasant one. I tried Kamodo Dragon beans for the first time today in an effort to broaden my horizons. Back to Sumatra I guess; trying new things never works out.

No wonder there are so many well known sayings that encourage us to stay with what we know, and still we venture out and randomly try new stuff. There are clearly reasons for bits of wisdom like:

- Tried and true
- The old standby
- Same ole, same ole
- My favorite jeans
- Don't test the depth of the water with both feet
- Don't try new things
- Nothing ventured, nothing lost
- Hair of the dog (it implies: same ole, same ole)
- Shane...come back!

A day that started so poorly never got any better until now. Alan Ladd was a man's man, he didn't even let his emotional struggle show as he turned his back on Joey, and left him calling after him pitifully. Of course it was Joey's mother that Shane was really distraught over leaving behind. If they hadn't invited Shane into their lives the ranch family wouldn't have known what they were missing. Shame on them for trying something new, range war or not, lines have to be drawn.

Back to Sumatra for me.

No comments: